Monday, October 15, 2012

The Skit Guys and good Christian Scripts


Theater: the final stage. These are the thoughts of Central Christian College. Its mission: to explore strange new scripts, to seek out new dramas and new interpretations, to boldly go on the stage where no school has gone before.

I have been spending a lot of time wrapped up in this thought or idea of performing more Christian dramas.  I use to help with a lot of church drama, but since beginning to teach here I have directed only one full length Christian script.  Everything we put on stage is clean, but I have not been directing plays where the message is Christian.  I have taken it upon myself to explore the outer reaches of Christian drama and find the best resources for Christian Scripts.

The Skit Guys are a wonderful duo of writers that produce great Christian scripts with a great message.  Much like Ted and Co. they are able to take humor and make it work to deepen our thoughts and understanding of the Bible and it’s teachings.  If you are looking for some dynamite material I highly recommend checking out their site and looking them up on YouTube.  I will continue to keep my eyes peeled and looking for scripts to pass on until the God Lord decides to beam me up.

God Bless,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment